NE
Posted By
nesredep egrob
May 31, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
For some time I was doing work in photoshop 7.0 and 7.1, I was comfortable with that but I have been moved to a machine with version 9.0 and somehow I cannot manage to get layers palette working as it used to do.

I need to rearrange the order of the layers to get the effect I need but cannot with the photoshop help given manage to do that.

I have been dragging as usual using also crtl and alt and shift all to no avail, what is going on.

Please help
Borge in sunny Perth, Australia

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
Rosey
May 31, 2006
No idea what the problem you are having is… I have Photoshop CS2 (running on Windows XP Professional) open right now, and I’m dragging the layers up and down in the list just fine… maybe try to reinstall from your disk?

nesredep egrob wrote:
For some time I was doing work in photoshop 7.0 and 7.1, I was comfortable with that but I have been moved to a machine with version 9.0 and somehow I cannot manage to get layers palette working as it used to do.

I need to rearrange the order of the layers to get the effect I need but cannot with the photoshop help given manage to do that.

I have been dragging as usual using also crtl and alt and shift all to no avail, what is going on.

Please help
Borge in sunny Perth, Australia
T
Tacit
Jun 1, 2006
In article ,
nesredep egrob <Long. -31,48.21 Lat. 115,47.40> wrote:

I need to rearrange the order of the layers to get the effect I need but cannot
with the photoshop help given manage to do that.

Click on the name of the layer in the Layers palette, hold down your mouse button, drag the layer where you want it to be in the Layers palette. Note that you can not move the background layer, you must convert it to a normal layer first.

Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, literature, kink: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
Nanohazard, Geek shirts, and more: http://www.villaintees.com

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections