JD
Posted By
Jim Douglas
Aug 27, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Sorry if this is a basic question. What type of file would allow an image to be rendered/resized and still look perfect. For example if I had an image of a red arrow and on a webpage set the height=10px, width=10px, and on another page height = 50px, etc?

I have both photoshop and illustrator and am learning to do some basic graphic stuff. I thought that illustrator would be able to create a file that did this but my testing so far is not what I expected.

Any tips on sites, tutorials, etc would be apprecated.

Thanks!

JimD

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

H
HTech
Aug 27, 2006
"Jim Douglas" schreef in bericht
Sorry if this is a basic question. What type of file would allow an image to be rendered/resized and still look perfect. For example if I had an image of a red arrow and on a webpage set the height=10px, width=10px, and on another page height = 50px, etc?

I have both photoshop and illustrator and am learning to do some basic graphic stuff. I thought that illustrator would be able to create a file that did this but my testing so far is not what I expected.
Any tips on sites, tutorials, etc would be apprecated.

Thanks!

JimD

Hi Jim,

I would make the arrow in Illustrator, then File>Save for Web and under ‘Image Size’ enter the dimensions.
I also would save in GIF format if I had no gradients or blurred edges. Otherwise JPG or PNG.
I would make sure I first saved the arrow as an Illustrator file (AI format) to edit or resave for web later.
Illustrator is the perfect tool to do what you want to do. http://graphicssoft.about.com/library/tuts/sf/blsf05sfw1.htm for more info. Or you can google for "illustrator+tutorial" for lots more.

H.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections