T
Posted By
tsmith35
Jul 25, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi. I’m going crazy trying to figure this one out…

Licensed user using CS in an 8 bit/channel RGB image. Plain white (#FFFFFF) background. Selected foreground color is black (#000000). Resolution is 72 pixels/inch.

I select the line tool. For weight, I select "1 px". I click on a spot on the screen, hold down shift (for a straight line) and drag to create a black line. Or did I? As soon as I release the mouse, it creates an anti-aliased splotch of greys and black about 2 pixels wide. No matter what I try, I can’t get it to just create a plain, black, 1 pixel wide line.

I have looked everywhere for a way to turn off the anti-aliasing for the line tool, but can’t find anything anywhere.

Anyone have any ideas? Surely I’m just missing something really simple, but I can’t find a solution.

Thanks.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
BobLevine
Jul 25, 2004
In the toolbar, you’ll see three choices next to line tool. Select the third one–fill pixels.

Bob
T
tsmith35
Jul 25, 2004
Ha. That did it. Works great.

Thanks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections