AM
Posted By
Aaron_Martone
Jul 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Just wondering, but is there any reason why if I use SELECT ALL, that when I goto SELECT, MODIFY, everything except BORDER is grayed out?

Using PS:CS on WinXP Pro. For the time being, I have to use the ARROW KEYS to move off the document border, and then CONTRACT (now available) and then use the ARROW KEYS to move it back where I want…

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

N
norm
Jul 26, 2004
If you are working on the background layer, this will happen. Either work on a copy of the background or use Select/Transform selection.

wrote in message
Just wondering, but is there any reason why if I use SELECT ALL, that when
I goto SELECT, MODIFY, everything except BORDER is grayed out?
Using PS:CS on WinXP Pro. For the time being, I have to use the ARROW KEYS
to move off the document border, and then CONTRACT (now available) and then use the ARROW KEYS to move it back where I want…
T
Terrat
Jul 26, 2004
Sounds as if you are in 16 bit RGB mode; not 8 bit. –Then dupe the image and change dupe doc to 8 bit. Make your selections and save to an alpha. Return to your 16 bit image and under Select > save selection you can load up the alpha you saved in the 8bit doc.

If you have a live selection going in the 8-bit you can also drag and drop it onto the 16 bit file while holding the [shift] key. I’ve just not done it this way.
JS
John_Slate
Jul 26, 2004
This has nothing to do with 8/16bit.

It is a bug.

Do a forum search.
TM
Trevor_Morris
Jul 26, 2004
Yes, this is a known issues. Here is a script that I wrote to get around/solve the problem:

Contract Canvas Selection <http://user.fundy.net/morris/downloads/pscsscripts.html>
AM
Aaron_Martone
Jul 26, 2004
Nice script! Works perfectly. Odd bug, lol. The more I mess with PS, the more cool stuff I find out. Often how, sometimes, when a bug is made, it’s one that is of such relative simplicity to have fixed or implemented.

Ah well, If PS:CS is gonna get patched, I hope Adobe is waiting so they get ideas from as many people as possible, and end up patching less because of it. I always favored that way of product development. It shows a lotta respect for the community.
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 26, 2004
It’s been around since at least 7 (and I think I once tested on 6, don’t have it loaded anymore to confirm).

Ah well, If PS:CS is gonna get patched,

not gonna happen, per Steph S. @ adobe. shame that. wait until pscs2 and hope they don’t forget your particular bug du jour.
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Jul 26, 2004
I made a feature request about this after your Post at PhotoshopTechniques. join the chorus for the Features request here: Pierre Courtejoie "Allow select>all, then contract!" 7/26/04 2:20pm </cgi-bin/webx?50>

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections