DP
Posted By
Dennis_Palin
Jul 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
While attempting to remove PS 7.0 from my system I get this alert. The log file" C:\Program files\Adobe\Photoshop 7.0\uninst’is not valid or the data has been corrupted, Uninstallation will not continue"
This has me at a standstill. How do I remove PS7 from my system so I can load a fresh un-corrupted version. At this point the corruption has my system re starting and loosing all data to that point.
Win XP home
Athelon 1.25 gig
1 gig memory
1 60 and 1 120 HD
Thanks in advance for your help
Dennis

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
BobLevine
Jul 27, 2004
Try reinstalling it right on top of the current install.

Bob
CW
Colin_Walls
Jul 27, 2004
And do a reset prefs [per FAQ]. You may not actually need to be doing the reinstall.
L
LenHewitt
Jul 27, 2004
And if the system is restarting, you have a hardware problem, not a Photoshop one! Re-installing will do nothing to cure that problem.
DP
Dennis_Palin
Jul 27, 2004
"And if the system is restarting, you have a hardware problem, not a Photoshop one! Re-installing will do nothing to cure that problem."

This is kinad what I thought, but the folks at Epson claim that it is the PS software. So I came here. I will try resetting pref and then an overlay
Thanks
Dennis

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections