K
Posted By
Koenraad
Nov 1, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m on a site where i regularly upload pictures to that are limited in file size to 100 kB.

Is there a way or better: an action that compresses my images (different file/image sizes) just to 100 kB?

It make no difference what the imagesize in pixels is.

Rutger

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zwaarddrager/sets

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

K
KatWoman
Nov 1, 2006
"Rutger" wrote in message
I’m on a site where i regularly upload pictures to that are limited in file size to 100 kB.

Is there a way or better: an action that compresses my images (different file/image sizes) just to 100 kB?

Rutger

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zwaarddrager/sets
Use Image Ready
in the optimize palette
use the little triangle in a circle menu
you can select the file size
R
robertredwoodgroups
Nov 4, 2006
Hi there,
Using Photoshop/Elements, the "Save For Web" feature allows you to reduce files size massively. Select jpg for example, and adjust the quality slider to vary the size and quality. I find there is a big drop off at quality around 60 usually, but above that there is a very good quality/size trade-off.
If the dimensions don’t matter, obviously the smaller the image, the smaller the file size, so reduce the image size to reduce the file size.
Apart from that, you might want to type in "image cruncher" to Google, and see what comes up. There are some interesting avenues to explore.

Robert Redwood
www.easyelements.com
Photoshop Elements Expert Advice

"Rutger" wrote

Rutger

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections