T
Posted By
Talker
Jan 4, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Does anyone know of a newsgroup on flatbed scanners? I’ve tried searching for one, but with 80,000+ newsgroups, it’s like looking for a needle in a haystack. I’m trying to find info on my Canon 9950F. All I need to know is how to remove the top so I can clean the glass underneath.(it gets a hazy buildup under there).
I contacted Canon, first by e-mail (three times), then by phone, and they said to take it to a service facility and have a technician do it. Yeah, drive 40 miles to the repair shop and pay someone $75 to spray some windex on a piece of glass and clean it.
My MicroTeks had 4 screws that you removed, and the top came off. This Canon has no screws, so it must pop off somehow, but Canon refuses to tell me.
If I can find a flatbed scanner group, I might find someone who knows how.
I’d appreciate any info anyone might have.

Talker

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

G
Grinder
Jan 4, 2007
Talker wrote:
Does anyone know of a newsgroup on flatbed scanners? I’ve tried searching for one, but with 80,000+ newsgroups, it’s like looking for a needle in a haystack. I’m trying to find info on my Canon 9950F. All I need to know is how to remove the top so I can clean the glass underneath.(it gets a hazy buildup under there).
I contacted Canon, first by e-mail (three times), then by phone, and they said to take it to a service facility and have a technician do it. Yeah, drive 40 miles to the repair shop and pay someone $75 to spray some windex on a piece of glass and clean it.
My MicroTeks had 4 screws that you removed, and the top came off. This Canon has no screws, so it must pop off somehow, but Canon refuses to tell me.

This place purports to have a service manual for the CanoScan 9950F. It will cost you $5 for 24 hours of access:

http://www.nodevice.com/manual/newmans/cs9950fsmpdf/get13433 .html

There are other places that similarly offer the manual for $5-$10.

– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –

I would be surprised if there isn’t at least one screw holding the exterior of the scanner together. Perhaps it’s behind a sticker, the lid hinges or a small bit of facia that does indeed pop off.

I feel confident that I could figure it out if it was in front of me, but that doesn’t really help you much. Sorry.
R
Rob
Jan 4, 2007
Talker wrote:

Talker

comp.periphs.scanners

or you may try

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections