MH
Posted By
Mike Hupp
Jan 11, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi…I want to switch from a desktop to a stable, fast Windows laptop and run CS2. Is there a particular hardware configuration (Graphics card etc) I should look for? Is there anything out there I should stay away from? How about Windows Vista? Thanks in advance for advice. —

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
br
Jan 11, 2007
"Mike Hupp" wrote in message
How about Windows Vista? Thanks in advance for advice.
An impartial review.
http://kadaitcha.cx/vista/
S
Scubabix
Jan 12, 2007
I’m running CS2 on a Toshiba laptop and am fairly pleased. The 3 things I have found you need to pay particular attention to are: 1. Display – make sure the quality of display is up to the capabilities of the program. 2. Memory – get as much as you can, just like in a desk top, CS2 can be a major memory hog. 3. Scratch disk – I have been using a 1gb jump drive as my scratch disk.
The reduction in video quality is, in my mind, a small price to pay for the ability to use my computer anywhere.

Rob
"Mike Hupp" wrote in message
Hi…I want to switch from a desktop to a stable, fast Windows laptop and run CS2. Is there a particular hardware configuration (Graphics card etc) I should look for? Is there anything out there I should stay away from? How about Windows Vista? Thanks in advance for advice.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections