LH
Posted By
Lawrence_Hudetz
Aug 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Perhaps a silly question, but I want to have more than one desktop available for use, one at native resolution, and one at a lower resolution, to allow easier viewing in other programs and on the net. Is there a way to set Desktop 1 and Desktop 2, resetting your settings with one mouse click? It would be similar to picking workspace in CS.

Along with that, is there a way to increase font size in the browser when in the high res setup? I can increase it in Help, but how to do it for the data window in the browser, taskbar, toolbar etc?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DM
dave_milbut
Aug 17, 2004
multi monitors larry? ati? hydravision (ati multidesktop mgr) has a function that lets you create muliple desktops and switch with a click in the system tray.
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Aug 17, 2004
No, single monitor.

I setup the desktop to 1600×1200 and the images looked much better, but the type is tiny. I reset some of the parameters in desktop properties, but some change, some don’t.

Is there a dual monitor future?

Hmmmm.

Edit: I took a quick look at Hydravision. If I purchase a dual monitor video card, why would I need Hydravision?
DM
dave_milbut
Aug 18, 2004
I didn’t see a multi desktop feature in nvidia’s desktop mgr. matrox may have one. have you tried to install hydravision? the feature (may be a seperate download) is called "MultiDesk" and provides multiple desktops that switch at a click. you can independently configure each one.

strike that. i’m lying again. I just tested and it keeps the same resolution across all desktops! but you can have different apps running in each session. so… erm, nevermind. 🙂
FN
Fred_Nirque
Aug 18, 2004
nVidia Forceware nView Desktop manager has multiple desktops (ridiculous number available, but I can’t remember how many are possible off-hand). Currently I’m using driver 4.4.0.3 – ‘cos I can’t get the later 5 series drivers to behave on Ms. Quirky here. It’s a unified driver, so should work with most cards you’d think.

It allows differing resolutions on multi-monitor setups as well.

Fred.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections