CR
Posted By
Cindy Restrepo
Jun 30, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can I combine two photos into one? Cut my head out of one picture and add it to another picture of my body? New user and having diffculties

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

R
Ray
Jun 30, 2003
Cindy,

First, open your "destination" image (the one that will contain your head). Second, open the origin image, the one containing your head.

While working with the origin image, you will need to use a selection tool (I suggest the magnetic lasso) to cut your head (that sounds horrible!!). Start by clicking on the outer edge of your head, then release the button and mouse your mouse (like if your were drawing) around your head. Once your mouse will have made the whole trip around your head, click on the mouse again. You should see marching ants (selection). Click on Edit / Copy.

Switch to your destination image, then click on Edit / Paste. Your head will be on a layer of its own. Select the Move tool, and drag it around so that it fits.

That’s the basic of basic tutorial. There is more envolved in your project, you’re not starting with an easy task. Good luck!

Ray

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections