May 12, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Help! How do I unlock a layer? (7.0)

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
Rob
May 12, 2007
Lunaray wrote:

Thanks!

Is it a layer or the background?

Duplicate the background layer and make it a real layer then bin the locked (background)layer
E
edjh
May 12, 2007
Lunaray wrote:

Thanks!

Alt-double-click on it in the Layers palette to make it a Layer (skipping the naming dialog.)

If it’s a locked Layer, click on the appropriate lock at the top of the Layers palette.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
L
Lunaray
May 12, 2007

Duplicate the background layer and make it a real layer then bin the locked (background)layer

No, it is a Text layer and I can’t move it around anymore ’cause it’s locked. I’ll try duplicating it and discard the one that is locked, but this seem like just a work-around, seems like I should be able to unlock it, clicking the padlock does nothing.

Thanks Rob.
K
KatWoman
May 12, 2007
"Lunaray" wrote in message

No, it is a Text layer and I can’t move it around anymore ’cause it’s locked. I’ll try duplicating it and discard the one that is locked, but this seem like just a work-around, seems like I should be able to unlock it, clicking the padlock does nothing.

Thanks Rob.

to unlock a background layer
just double click it
a box comes up name or leave default name (layer 0)
then it will be unlocked, no dupe layer is necessary

for a text or layer with transparent pixels
in addition to the little lock is another symbol (at top of layer palette) it controls the behavior of the transparent pixels I think if you (un) click it as well

make sure you are not trying to move the layer when it is linked to a locked layer

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections