J
Posted By
jorgeasm
Jul 11, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to view pictures that I have on CDs using Photoshop Album. Do I have to import them every time I want to see what is on a CD? Is there a fast way to see the pictures on the CD? If not, do you know of any other software that has basic editing capabilities and makes it easy to organize files on your computers and CDs?

Thanks,

Jorge

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

J
jorgeasm
Jul 21, 2003
Thank you very much!

Jorge

"Hal Lowe" …
"When you get photos from CDs and DVDs, you can choose whether or not to bring the photos onto the hard disk drive of your computer, or leave them on the CD or DVD, known as keeping them offline. A low-resolution copy, or proxy file, of a master photo kept offline is shown in your catalog so you can continue to view the photo in Photoshop Album. When you perform an operation that requires the original photo, you will be asked to insert the disc on which the offline photo is stored. You can then decide to use the proxy file, bring in the master photo, or cancel the procedure.
When you choose to keep a master photo offline, Photoshop Album asks you to give the CD or DVD a reference name. The reference name you choose should be meaningful to you. It’s smart to write the reference name you’ve chosen on the CD or DVD or on the disc’s jewel case. When Photoshop Album requests the master disk, it will provide the reference name so you can insert the correct CD or DVD.

Get photos from a CD-ROM or DVD:

1.. Choose File > Get Photos > From Files and Folders.
2.. Navigate to your CD-ROM or DVD drive.
3.. Select the photos you want to import from the CD-ROM or DVD.
4.. Select Keep Original Offline to add just a copy of the photo to your
Photoshop Album catalog. If this option is selected, the copy (or proxy file) will be downloaded on your computer, and Photoshop Album will reference it from that location. To download the master photo, leave this option deselected.
5.. If you’re keeping a master photo offline, type in a Reference name for the CD or DVD that will make it easy for you to identify the disc in case Photoshop Album requests it at a later time.
6.. Click Get Photos. Your photos are brought in to Photoshop Album." Regards,

Hal Lowe
www.halowe-graphics.com/photo.html
(digital photography resources)

"Jorge" wrote in message
I am trying to view pictures that I have on CDs using Photoshop Album. Do I have to import them every time I want to see what is on a CD? Is there a fast way to see the pictures on the CD? If not, do you know of any other software that has basic editing capabilities and makes it easy to organize files on your computers and CDs?

Thanks,

Jorge

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections