SE
Posted By
Strange_Eye
Feb 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I use the automate pict. package on my mac. in CS, it gives me strange sizes. I can compensate by cropping the image to a 5×7 then apply auto-package, but it makes my 4x6s and 8x10s the wrong size. Is there a magic size that works with the auto package to make 5×7’s-5x7s,8x10s-8x10s,ect.?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CC
Chris_Cox
Feb 13, 2004
No – just use 4×6 to get a 4×6. And what do you mean by "wrong size"? Wrong where? Wrong how? By how much?
SE
Strange_Eye
Feb 13, 2004
Well if I use an image thats 4×6 to start with @300dpi. then run the photopackage it makes the 8×10 in my package the wrong size its an 8×12. What I need it to do is auto crop the image to an 8×10. then to a 5×7, 2.5×3.5.
what I am doing is a photo package that consists of 1-8×10,2-5x7s,2-4x6s,and 16wallets(2.5×3.5) I already have templates that I can use to accomplish the task on my own,manually. It would be nice however if I could get PS, to automate the task and save time. As usual I guess it’s one or another. Use photoshop, and have the sizes off , or do it manually and waste time. Oh well. Of course there’s other programs like packagizer that will make packages for you, but then again you have to switch back and forth between the programs which in turn wastes time. In addition to the cost of another program.
CC
Chris_Cox
Feb 13, 2004
It will not auto crop – there is no way for it to know HOW to crop correctly. What it will do is resize to fit.

So the 4×6 should be sized to 6.667×10 to fit an 8×10 area (8×12 would be wrong because it’s too big to fit).

And I don’t recall anyone else having a problem with the sizes being off. And when I try it, I don’t have a problem – they are all sized to fit correctly.
SE
Strange_Eye
Feb 13, 2004
Thanks that answers my question.

Basically you have to use sheets of 8×10. And you must crop to the size you want before you use it. (unless you want it scaled to fit). In order for the package feature to work.

My layout that I made for 8×48, isn’t going to work.That’s OK . I will just use templates, then combine them manually. It’s a pain but it works.

Maybe I can find a script that will crop to fit.Then again maybe not. Who knows?

Thank you, J.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections