KC
Posted By
Kevin Clear
Jul 17, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When opening PSE2 the computer says that 1.0 Gamma appears defective…rerun monitor calibration software.

I’m not sure where to go from here.

Thanks!!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JA
JoAnn Amerson
Jul 18, 2003
I’ve seen other references to the Adobe Gamma Loader. It shows up in my Start menu but it’s not in my Control Panel.

Is this something I have to fuss with? Do I need to install something from the disk?
NS
Nancy S
Jul 18, 2003
JoAnn,

There are two distinct files. There should be a file in Control Panel called AdobeGamma.cpl (I think) which is Adobe’s utility for calibrating a monitor. After you go through the steps a profile is generated for your monitor. The AdobeGammaLoader runs on startup to load the monitor profile for your session.

It is usually an important first step to calilbrate your monitor so that what you see on the screen matches your printout as closely as possible. Brent supplied a link to an excellent site which describes all of this.

Nancy
S
showard
Jul 28, 2003
is this necessary for a digital lcd monitor? on my 19" lcd i can only set brightness.
R
Ray
Jul 28, 2003
You can try to calibrate it with Adobe Gamma, but I’m affraid it won’t do you any good. Did your monitor come with it’s own tool ? Mine did, and it works fine now. What I get on the printer is 98.1% (sort of..!) what I have on the screen, and I can safely assume it’s a printer problem, as it has no color management (HP 940Cvr).

There are gizmos offered for calibrating a LCD monitor, but they are a little expensive.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections