Posted By
Kenneth Liffmann
Jul 21, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Robert,
I don’t quite understand "so that I can insert the major folder that I am currently using." I use Windows XP and have created a new folder in documents where I save the work product from Elements. I could save a file from the web there as well.
Ken

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DS
Dick Smith
Jul 21, 2003
Robert,

I think that is an XP artifact. Mine does the same. Also I’ve never been able to find a way to modify it. It kind of mimics the Outlook Bar in that respect. It has nothing to do with Elements, AFAIK.

Dick
KL
Kenneth Liffmann
Jul 22, 2003
Dick,
I don’t have have this box. Am using Elements v.1. Will upgrade to v.3 when it comes out. Hopefully all these niceties will be included in a new version of the program.
Ken
RQ
Robert Q Miller
Jul 26, 2003
Robert,

What you are asking for is possible, but so far as I know requires modifying your registry. As others have said, this is a Windows issue, not a photoshop elements issue. One way to achieve this without manipulating registry entries yourself is to download one of the Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP: TweakUI. You can find this versatile program at

< http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.a sp>

Install TweakUI,
Run the TweakUI program–you will find it in the Programs menu under Power Toys for Windows XP Select the plus sign next to the Common Dialogs item on the left hand list of items Select PlacesBar
On the right hand side, choose Custom places bar
You can now select up to five places. Use the menu to select standards such as Desktop or Favorites. Type in the full path of any custom folder you want to appear, e.g., C:\photoshop\myActiveFolder
Click OK when you have made the selections that you want.

The next time you use the save as menu item in photoshop, these selections you have made will be the list of places that will appear.

Hope that helps.
Robert

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections