FO
Posted By
Fancy_Orange
Jan 29, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m working in Photoshop 7 for Mac. When I clicked Save As on images that were created before today, the dialog box to name the new document came up, but no matter what I did, the Save button remained grayed out.
I had a number of programs open because I was altering and sending 2 or 3 images at a time by email. Everything was happening very slowly, so when I noticed this glitch, I closed everything and turned computer off. When I turned it back on and reopened Photoshop, it was just the same.
I’m stalled until I can fix this. Do I need to reinstall my images? or my Photoshop? or start over with a newer version of Photoshop?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Buko
Jan 29, 2007
Trash your preferences

this is covered in the FAQs
FO
Fancy_Orange
Jan 30, 2007
Boku, thank you for your reply. I overlooked that question as a possible answer. However, I searched my harddrive and received a list of libraries and preferences for a lot of things, but none for Photoshop came up. In the Photoshop applications folder I found Presets, is that what I should trash?
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jan 30, 2007
Do NOT trash your Presets folder.

Hold down Shift-Option-Command as you start up Photoshop and you should get a dialog asking if you want to reset to default preferences. This is covered in the FAQs and your Help files.
FO
Fancy_Orange
Jan 31, 2007
Thank you all for pointing me in the right direction. Saga: I reset preferences. Didn’t work. Reinstalled Photoshop 7.0. Didn’t work. However, I then just tried to save the image in other places and found that if I backed out of the specific folder which was in my artworks folder, backed out of that which was in my documents folder, the save button came alive again. Maybe I had maxed out the amount I could put in those folders? Whew. I’m up and running again – I hope.
B
Buko
Feb 1, 2007
It’s a permissions issue. you were most likely being saved from destroying your originals.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections