M
Posted By
Matalog
Jul 14, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I can’t find how to open files in Camera Raw from Bridge. It just lets me open them in Camera Raw in Photoshop.

Does anyone know how this can be fixed?

Thanks, Matt.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

C
critical
Jul 15, 2007
"Matalog" wrote in message
I can’t find how to open files in Camera Raw from Bridge. It just lets me open them in Camera Raw in Photoshop.

Thanks, Matt.
\
That’s how it works right up to CS3, Matt.
YOu need to "save" the edited file after Bridge has opened it to be able to use it in an application unable to open camera RAW files. I presume this is what you need to do?

JA

Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com
M
Matalog
Jul 15, 2007
"Julian." wrote in message

Thanks, Matt.
\
YOu need to "save" the edited file after Bridge has opened it to be able to use it in an application unable to open camera RAW files. I presume this is what you need to do?

Thanks for replying.

I want to open my raw canon files from bridge (maybe more than one file at a time) in adobe camera raw, without having to do this through photoshop.

There are tutorials all over the internet that feature this but the options they speak of don’t sdeem to be available to me.

JA

Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com
N
nomanTOGLI
Jul 20, 2007
Matalog ha scritto:

Thanks, Matt.
\

Thanks for replying.

I want to open my raw canon files from bridge (maybe more than one file at a time) in adobe camera raw, without having to do this through photoshop.
There are tutorials all over the internet that feature this but the options they speak of don’t sdeem to be available to me.

I’ve the SAME problem, but seems nobody speaks about it. 🙁
R
Rob
Jul 20, 2007
Nessuno. wrote:
Matalog ha scritto:

Thanks, Matt.
\

Thanks for replying.

What PS version are you using. If its CS2 then make sure that its up to date so you have your Camera type.

I never used Bridge with CS2.

CS3 Bridge – two options right click on the thumb and you have an option to open in camera raw or File> Open in camera raw ( Ctl R)

You can highlight selected multiple thumbs and open in camera raw.

Bridge CS3 has the latest camera raw files. But still ensure that you do have the latest version check for updates.(think there may have been an update since release)

Camera Raw has been updated to V4.1 there were some excellent improvements more slider controls like vibrance clarity and sharpening.

r
M
Matalog
Jul 20, 2007
"Rob" wrote in message
Nessuno. wrote:
Matalog ha scritto:

Thanks, Matt.
\

Thanks for replying.

What PS version are you using. If its CS2 then make sure that its up to date so you have your Camera type.

CS3 Bridge – two options right click on the thumb and you have an option to open in camera raw or File> Open in camera raw ( Ctl R)

I Can’t do either of these.

In bridge I can open multiple images, but it opens them in raw IN PHOTOSHOP.

Bridge CS3 has the latest camera raw files. But still ensure that you do have the latest version check for updates.(think there may have been an update since release)

I have the most recent updates installed.

Camera Raw has been updated to V4.1 there were some excellent improvements more slider controls like vibrance clarity and sharpening.

I have these updated controls.

r

R
Rob
Jul 20, 2007
Matalog wrote:

Thats interesting, you may have to run a batch conversion to DNG files?? don’t know.

What I have found is that some of my scanned images, which I have saved as tiff and some jpeg files will not open in ACR 4.1. – I stress some not all.

I open the files into PS them press save as and write over the old file then close, after that the ACR becomes available. From this I deduce that the files although I can read them with PS etc. have not been saved in a recognisable file for ACR to read.
N
nomanTOGLI
Jul 22, 2007
Matalog ha scritto:
"Rob" wrote in message
Nessuno. wrote:
Matalog ha scritto:

Thanks, Matt.
\

Thanks for replying.

I Can’t do either of these.

In bridge I can open multiple images, but it opens them in raw IN PHOTOSHOP.

I have the most recent updates installed.

I have these updated controls.

Matalog, I’m in the same situation, I completely uninstalled and ran every kind of clean scripts. I’ll revert to a cracked US version, if it does not work I’ll leave photoshop definitely. I’m going to try and buy captureOne
I lost one week around this issue till now, due to this I’m 3days late on all the jobs.
Alternatives will be:
UFraw+ Gimp Shop
(free, opensource, limited features)
CaptureOne
(simply fantastic, but pricey)
Incredible waste of money and time, till now.
N
nomanTOGLI
Jul 22, 2007
Rob ha scritto:
Nessuno. wrote:
Matalog ha scritto:

Thanks, Matt.
\

Thanks for replying.

No option to open in camera RAW.
I tried all obvious things, and that feature (that was THERE before last updates!!!!) Is not coming back any more. Neither after complete reinstall.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections