Error: This operating system is not supported by this installation. Etc.

PF
Posted By
Peggy Fleischmann
Jul 26, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Error Message Continues: "For Windows NT 4, you must have service pack.4 or greater to install. Setup will now quit."

Problem: I am trying to install Photoshop Elements V 1.0.1 on my "Windows 95" operating system. The service pack 4 is for NT and/or Windows 2000 versions.

When I load the CD into the computer, it goes through the motions of asking for the language, accepting the license agreement, and then the Wizard starts up, and then the above error message appears. And hitting "ok" quits the setup. Also, there is a "severe" warning on the top of the message bar.

I have an old laptop with Windows 95 operating system, and Internet Explorer 5 through my ISP provider.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Peggy.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
Ray
Jul 26, 2003
Peggy,

I think that Windows 95 is not support for Photoshop Elements. You need at least Windows 98. I’ve been reading the readme.wri on the installation CD and it does only mention Windows 98/ME, NT or 2000. Windows XP is ok (from my own experience).

Ray

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections