DM
Posted By
David_M_Jacobson
Oct 28, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I notice that vast amounts of Photoshop topics were missing. (Nothing at all about the healing brush.) I went to the Adobe Downloads and saw at the top of the Photoshop list "Adobe Photoshop CS2 Help Package – English" with today’s date — 9/27/05. Just what I need. So I downloaded it and unzipped it. But now I’ve got a whole pile of files but no instructions as to what to do with them. Does this just replace some folder? Or what? Please advise.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Oct 28, 2005
9/27/05 is a month old.

Unzip it into a temporary folder.

If there’s a setup file, click it; otherwise if there’s an .msi file click it.
P
Photoguy
Oct 28, 2005
wrote in message
I notice that vast amounts of Photoshop topics were missing. (Nothing at all about the healing brush.) I went to the Adobe Downloads and saw at the top of the Photoshop list "Adobe Photoshop CS2 Help Package – English" with today’s date — 9/27/05. Just what I need. So I downloaded it and unzipped it. But now I’ve got a whole pile of files but no instructions as to what to do with them. Does this just replace some folder? Or what? Please advise.

This is on the download page, should help.

To install:

1. Exit Photoshop CS2 and the Adobe Help Center.
2. Copy the entire ZIP file (do not unzip!) to the Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Help Center\AdobeHelpData\Packages folder.
3. Launch the Adobe Help Center EXE file in Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Help Center/ahc.exe to allow the Help Center to process the Help package.
4. Exit the Adobe Help Center.
DM
David_M_Jacobson
Oct 28, 2005
I did unzip it. And I got a folder full of files and a few other folders. The top-level unzipped folder is named Photoshop_9.0_en-us. Most of the files are .xml. But there is no setup file and there is no .msi file.

As to the date, you’re right, it was 10/27/05 when I wrote that. Oh well, brain fade.
I
ID._Awe
Oct 28, 2005
David: Do not unzip the help files (which probably explains why the help system is so freakin’ slow), they have to remain zipped, move the new help files to the appropriate directory and overwrite the existing files of the same name.
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Oct 29, 2005
Aha. The instructions at the download site say:

To install:

1. Exit Photoshop CS2 and the Adobe Help Center.

2. Copy the entire ZIP file (do not unzip!) to the Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Help Center\AdobeHelpData\Packages folder.

3. Launch the Adobe Help Center EXE file in Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Help Center/ahc.exe to allow the Help Center to process the Help package.

4. Exit the Adobe Help Center.
C
chrisjbirchall
Oct 29, 2005
If all else fails, read the instructions. My philosophy precisely!
PL
Paulo_Leal
Oct 29, 2005
After installing CS2 also installed Elements 4. Now when I open help from CS2 only get the elements 4 one. Any idea?
DM
David_M_Jacobson
Oct 30, 2005
Several of you are saying "read the directions". Well, the directions begin this way:

Installation instructions
After downloading a ".zip" file in Windows, use a utility such as WinZip or PKZIP to access the file’s contents. These are third-party utilities that may be subject to a separate license.

Anyway, it worked. Thank you to Micahel D Sullivan for pointing out that the instuctions later said not to unzip it.
PL
Paulo_Leal
Oct 30, 2005
Just to let you know that, actually, you don’thave to unzip the file. Just save it to the right folder and run ahc.exe. It will do the work.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections