RK
Posted By
Richard Klimesh
Jul 30, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I love Elements but need to supply files in CYMK mode and am looking at Photoshop 5 LE because it can be had for under $50.

Does Photoshop 5 LE support CYMK? Are there other features 5LE has that Elements does not have?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

NS
Nancy S
Jul 30, 2003
Photoshop Lite (Limited) Edition is no longer made.
RK
Richard Klimesh
Jul 30, 2003
I know, but it is available on e-bay all the time.
BH
Beth Haney
Jul 30, 2003
As you’re researching, Richard, make sure you really can use it with whatever OS you’re running. One of these applications – and I don’t remember if it’s Photoshop LE or PhotoDeluxe – doesn’t run at all well on XP, for example.
SR
Steven Reno
Jul 30, 2003
SR
Steven Reno
Jul 30, 2003
Beth

My brother-in-law gave me PD LE a while back. He paid 5 dollars for it, gave it to me and as you said it did not work at all well on XP.

Richard

He got the $5 deal at one of those computer swap meets where they sell lots of old software, cheap.

Steve
BH
Beth Haney
Jul 30, 2003
Yup, and I think XP is a little "sneakier" than the Mac OS. At least people could pretty much be guaranteed that anything that worked on an OS before X had to be replaced. XP seems more unpredictable – some things are fine and others aren’t. And then of course if your system is too old… They’re always thinkin’ of ways to get more money out of us, aren’t they?! 🙂
MM
Mac McDougald
Jul 30, 2003
I know, but it is available on e-bay all the time.

No CMYK in PS LE.

M
JA
JoAnn Amerson
Jul 30, 2003
I use Adobe Acrobat to create CMYK files. Not $50 but not $600 either. Plus it’s terrific having the capability to create .pdf files as well.
RK
Richard Klimesh
Jul 30, 2003
Thanks for all of your advice. Think I’ll have to spring for full Photoshop.
CS
Chuck Snyder
Jul 30, 2003
Richard, are you sure you need CYMK that much? Many printers (as in printing shops) will now accept an RGB file and do the conversion with their own Photoshop…

Chuck
Q
Quaoar
Jul 31, 2003
Richard Klimesh wrote:
I love Elements but need to supply files in CYMK mode and am looking at Photoshop 5 LE because it can be had for under $50.

Does Photoshop 5 LE support CYMK? Are there other features 5LE has that Elements does not have?

Look around: Sam’s club and Costco have Elements for $80 and $30 rebate. I believe other majors stores might also have similar deals.

Q

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections