TH
Posted By
Terrence Hoffman
Aug 1, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have just started with Adobe Photoshop Elements and I need to know how to stop a tool from performing its function after I am done with it. I have not been able to locate procedure to deselect a tool.IE the eraser fuction will not go away unless I click on another tool and then I’m stuck with that one.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BH
Beth Haney
Aug 1, 2003
You’re not missing anything! There is no way to deselect a tool. Most of us just move back to something pretty innocuous, like the Rectangular Marquee tool – something that won’t do any "damage" if it gets hit accidentally. It’s a hard concept for some people to get used to, but – think about it – if you’re not using a tool, you’re using the menu anyway, so it makes no difference. 🙂
JF
Jodi Frye
Aug 1, 2003
Yup, i’m a marquee parker.
CS
Chuck Snyder
Aug 1, 2003
Jodi, I park on the brush tool myself – gotta live dangerously sometimes!

😉

Chuck
BH
Beth Haney
Aug 1, 2003
"Hi. My name is Beth, and I’m a Marquee parker."

I couldn’t resist! Sorry everybody! 🙂 I’m losing it!!!! I’ll leave!
JF
Jodi Frye
Aug 1, 2003
Beth, thank you for the ‘out loud laugh’…hub wonders about this forum sometimes…
CS
Chuck Snyder
Aug 2, 2003
Jodi – please – no last names here….

😉
JF
Jodi Frye
Aug 2, 2003
OOPs, forgot

Also, i probably should have said ‘ Addicted to Adobe ‘
JF
Jodi Frye
Aug 2, 2003
Anyone have stock in Adobe ? Found a site that’s going for $33 a share right now…sound good ?
CS
Chuck Snyder
Aug 2, 2003
Jodi, should have bought a year ago – see the attached:

http://www.quicken.com/investments/charts/?p=ADBE
JF
Jodi Frye
Aug 2, 2003
hmmmm, very interesting. I was thinking more along the lines of maybe buying one just for fun and holding on to it. I suspect Adobe will always have the ideas to stay on top. Then again, they haven’t hired me yet.
PD
Pete D
Aug 2, 2003
Chuck,

Go back another 6-8 months on ‘adobe’s chart and see the "peak". But that is all old news, today it is China.com and wave systems. WAVX
P
Phosphor
Aug 2, 2003
buying one just for fun and holding on to it.

Check out oneshare.com. Dunno much about it, but I see their ads everywhere all the time: "Buy one share of your favorite company…" Probably costs as much as four or five through regular channels, but I’ve never investigated to find out for sure.
JF
Jodi Frye
Aug 2, 2003
Barb, funny, that’s the site i was looking at. There prices seem on target though it’s the ‘share fee’ of $39 that is a killer. Well, it comes framed ( free ) 😉
J
jhjl1
Jul 27, 2004
The last used tool will always be active. I always select the hand tool or the zoom tool when I am finished with another tool so that no unintentional damage is done.

Have A Nice Day, 🙂
James Hutchinson
http://www.pbase.com/myeyesview
http://www.myeyesviewstudio.com/
wrote in message
I am new to Elements.
How to I stop a tool when I am finished using that tool? I can move to
another tool OK but when I have used my final tool and the photo is just as I want it to be the last tool used keeps running or should I say "stays selected".
I have searched the help section but stopping a tool once it is
selected is not mentioned.
PS: I think a small horizontal menu box showing the selected tool is
missing from my screen. I just have the vertical tool box on the left of my work area and the main menu at the top of my screen

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections