Gabriel Sanchez
Aug 4, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
transparent??

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JF
Jodi Frye
Aug 4, 2003
Gabriel, i think a little more info would help us understand what you want to do. Are you talking about for web purposes or image creation or something else ? The answer is here somewhere but I need more question 😉
GS
Gabriel Sanchez
Aug 4, 2003
it’s for image creation.
JF
Jodi Frye
Aug 4, 2003
Ok then, well there are a number of ways to make a layer transparent. Try blend modes in the layers palette and start with ‘overlay’. I’m still not sure what you are trying to accomplish but the ‘blend modes’ is a start. You can also lower the opacity of a layer in the layers palette as well.
NS
Nancy S
Aug 5, 2003
Gabriel,

If you want to ADD a transparent layer to your image:
* pull the tab of the Layers Palette down and out of the well so that you can see the layers of the image
* double click the background layer so it becomes a regular layer which accepts all editing functions
* at the bottom of the Layers Palette, click on the icon which looks like a page with the edge upturned
* a new transparent layer has been added directly above the layer in the stack that was highlighted (selected, blue)
* a blue checkboard pattern denotes transparency

If you want to change a layer which has data on it to partial or total transparency: * select data to remain on layer with any selection tool, click on Select>Inverse (now the data which you want to discard is selected), hit the Delete key. –OR–
* select data to discard with any selection tool. Example; use magic wand to select a boring grey sky, hit the Delete Key

If you want a layer to be faintly visible (such as a vague ghostly figure): * at top-right of Layers Palette where it says 100%, click the little arrow for the drop down and move the slider to a lower percentage (or type in a new number)

Edit: As a safe guard, it is often prudent to duplicate your background (starting) layer and work on that, turning off the eye on the original layer to make it invisible.

If none of these suggestions is what you were looking for, post again.

Nancy

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections