JF
Posted By
Joseph Fusso
Aug 4, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Opening PSE2, a message appears that says "Operation requires additional Quicktime software. Do it now to download. When I click the download button, I get another dialog box which says file cannot be found.
Ignoring all this PSE2 works fine but what the hell is QuickTime Image and why am I supposed to need it?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

P
Phosphor
Aug 4, 2003
Joseph, are you using a mac? Which OS and which version of QT do you have?
JF
Joseph Fusso
Aug 5, 2003
Barbara, I am using a Mac G4 Cub, OS 9.1 and my version of QuickTime is 6 (The Freebie). My version of PSE is also a freebie that came bundled with my Canon 990F scanner. When I called Adobe about these dialog boxes that ask about QuickTime Image, they tell me it will cost me $39 to find out what it all means.
Thanks for your prompt reply.
JF
Joseph Fusso
Aug 5, 2003
Addendum to the QuickTime Image stuff: I still have the original PSE in addition to PSE2 on my HD. Reason: I am too lazy to go back and change all those new creator codes on my old image files for PSE2. Never get the "QuickTime" message when I open PSE.
JF
Joseph Fusso
Aug 6, 2003
To Beth Haney, Thanks for the suggestion. Looked at File Exchange and found problems in adding new programs to the right column. There is probably a simple way but I didn’t want to waste any more time. The fact that you got the same message and had no problems with PSE2 is good enough for me. I suspect it is a communist plot to get folks to upgrade the freebie version of Quicktime to the subscription ($) version. Anyway thanks for the input.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections