Lightoom 1.2 Splitting RAW and JPEG View, driving me crazy!!!

D
Posted By
DemonTraitor
Oct 16, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying out Lightroom as a complete workflow solution and it is hurting my head already!

I have imported some photos and am viewing them in Library > Grid view. Lightroom has decided to stack (auto stacking is not on) two photos together because they have the same name – IMG001.CR2 + IMG001.JPG. These photos are completely different (the CR2 image is a duck, and the JPG image is a cat!!) and I cannot see anyway I can split them up, Lightroom is only allowing me to view/edit the CR2 image!! How do I separate these files???

Also, while I am here… All my photos are organised in YEAR > DATE folder (2007\2007 10 09 etc). When viewing a certain folder I want to be able to filter on keywords in that folder, but when I select a keyword from the "Keyword Tags" menu Lightroom returns every single photo in my entire collection with that keyword! I also want to be able to view and edit RAW and JPEG files in a similar way, but when selecting RAW only files in the "Metadata Browser" I get all the RAW files in my collection! Should I just stick with Adobe Bridge, this handles everything perfectly, and allows me to work only in the folder
I have selected.

Thank you

Demon.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

J
Joel
Oct 16, 2007
DemonTraitor wrote:

I am trying out Lightroom as a complete workflow solution and it is hurting my head already!

I don’t think we can help you with head problem, "Head On" may do?

I have imported some photos and am viewing them in Library > Grid view. Lightroom has decided to stack (auto stacking is not on) two photos together because they have the same name – IMG001.CR2 + IMG001.JPG. These photos are completely different (the CR2 image is a duck, and the JPG image is a cat!!) and I cannot see anyway I can split them up, Lightroom is only allowing me to view/edit the CR2 image!! How do I separate these files???

Because I am old and slow so to avoid paying catching up with younger folks on retouching world, so before CS3 was released I bought the LightRoom to give me a head start, but because I don’t like the slowness displaying (comparing to ARC) so I have only messing around with LightRoom few short months before I was so sick (health problem not sick of LightRoom) to toy with it to have much experience (just some general).

But I am very sure that LightRoom supports *both* RAR formats and JPG (as well as TIFF and may be others?). So you shoudn’t have any problem opening and adjusting either RAW or JPG.

If the 2 same filename confuse you then you can always "rename" them to 2 different filenames.

Also, while I am here… All my photos are organised in YEAR > DATE folder (2007\2007 10 09 etc). When viewing a certain folder I want to be able to filter on keywords in that folder, but when I select a keyword from the "Keyword Tags" menu Lightroom returns every single photo in my entire collection with that keyword! I also want to be able to view and edit RAW and JPEG files in a similar way, but when selecting RAW only files in the "Metadata Browser" I get all the RAW files in my collection! Should I just stick with Adobe Bridge, this handles everything perfectly, and allows me to work only in the folder
I have selected.

I know many programs have many fancy options, but I am old and slow so I just display the way Windows Explorer does and it serves me well. Or I can

– Sort by filename’s

– Sort by Date’s

– Sort By Type’s

I read LightRoom has option to sort by RATING but I don’t use this option to know small detail (except you rate the image then select the option), but I think you should be able to find more detail from HELP FILE (?). I saw the option from some free video tutorial.

Thank you

Demon.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections