E
Posted By
eatnpaint
Sep 28, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
windows xp: while working in adobe photoshop my machine moves like molasses (2-4 MB files). a moment ago while attempting to "save copy as" the thing crashed and rebooted. upon inspection i get the "problem was caused by device driver". i’m not a super techy… how do i go about looking for a new or better device driver? how do i know which device/driver it is? any help would be much appreciated.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

LC
Larry CdeBaca
Oct 25, 2004
Need more info —
RAM
CPU speed
Have you swept your PC for spyware, viruses?
Are you up-to-date on SPs, anti-virus and firewall software? What other apps were open – scanner software?
Is this slow-down new?
Have you defragged?
If you know which device crashed, you can search the manufacturer’s site, or one of the many free sites that collect drivers (I dunno why they collect them — allergic to stamps?).
One such site:
http://www.driverguide.com/

"Mike Stengl" wrote in message
windows xp: while working in adobe photoshop my machine moves like molasses (2-4 MB files). a moment ago while attempting to "save copy as" the thing crashed and rebooted. upon inspection i get the "problem was caused by device driver". i’m not a super techy… how do i go about looking for a new or better device driver? how do i know which device/driver it is? any help would be much appreciated.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections