TR
Posted By
tom reed
Aug 11, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
have mac osx 10.2.6 and olympus 2mg pixel d380 digi cam. iPhoto in mac os recognizes the cam and imports right away. due to limitations, i bought pe2. it doesnt recognize the cam when plugged in USB. how do i remedy this? new pe2 user. thank you. Tom

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

NS
Nancy S
Aug 11, 2003
Tom,

Really the best and safest thing to do is buy a USB card reader for your card format. They are only around 20$ US, fast, safe and reliable. The reader will show as a drive on your computer. Copy from that drive to a new folder you create to receive them. In PSE, go file>open and point to new folder.

Nancy
BH
Beth Haney
Aug 11, 2003
I strongly agree with Nancy, as will most other regulars here on the forum. Doing imports directly from the camera can be risky. The card reader is not only safer, but it eliminates the issue of software incompatibilities between Elements and various camera manufacturers.

You also have to understand that iPhoto is set up to perform a slightly different task with regard to digital images. It’s primary job is storage and organization. Elements focuses on editing and printing, so you can’t really "import" into Elements like you can iPhoto. There are overlaps between the two programs, but they aren’t created equal and were never intended to be.
TR
tom reed
Aug 13, 2003
Thank you Nancy, Beth and Barbara.I can’t find Nancy’s post anymore, but Incredible response time! I usually come back a day or two later at other forums and nothing has been replied to. I’ll pick up the card reader and go from there.

I tried Joe’s approach and nothing happened at the end when I clicked the Open button.

I may be in over my head here with the software, I can’t figure anything out, but I’ll stay close to the forum. Thanks again to all three of you. Tom
P
Phosphor
Aug 13, 2003
Incidentally, Tom, if you are new to OS X, I would recommend either "The Robin Williams Mac OS X Book" from peachpit press or David Pogue’s "OS X, the Missing Manual" to help you get the most out of your computer. If you are a switcher, try his "Switching to the Mac, the Missing Manual."
JH
Joe Henry1000
Aug 13, 2003
Barb,

I love it when I can help and not even be here! 😉

Joe
TR
tom reed
Aug 13, 2003
Thanks Barb…I found Nancys post. I’m getting the hang of it. I have OSX MM v2 from David.
BTW, I was browsing the forum for a couple hours tonight and someone mentioned Sarasota. Who lives there? I’m near W Palm Bch. but forgot who it was. Nice to have someone near the neighborhood who might mentor. I don’t know anyone in my area with a Mac.
Thanks again to you all. Tom
P
Phosphor
Aug 13, 2003
Hi, Tom. Hutchinson Island, here, so we’re practically neighbors. 8^)
P
Phosphor
Aug 13, 2003
Incidentally, Tom, there are a couple of pretty active Macintosh User Groups in Palm Beach County, if you’re interested.

<http://www.apple.com/usergroups/>

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections