EM
Posted By
Eric Matthes
Aug 13, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I use an older printer for most of my general printing, and an epson 1280 for my photo printing from PSE. I want the older printer set as the default for the computer, but I’d like to set the epson as the default printer for PSE only. Does anyone know how to do that?
Thank you.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CS
Chuck Snyder
Aug 13, 2003
Eric, in Windows 98SE, Elements uses the default system printer. It’s easy to change via File>Page Setup>Printer, but that will only be the printer choice for the current session of Elements; when you quit Elements and then restart, the printer will have reverted to the default.

Chuck
EM
Eric Matthes
Aug 13, 2003
Chuck, that’s how I have it set up. Do you know if it’s possible to let PSE have its own default printer?
CS
Chuck Snyder
Aug 13, 2003
Eric, I don’t think so; it appears to be reverting to the system printer every time it’s restarted. Maybe someone knows a workaround; we’ll see if anyone else responds…

Chuck
JS
jason smith18
Aug 14, 2003
Try re-installing the printer that you want to be the default for this application. I know that if you use MS Photo Editor then the default printer is the most recent printer to be installed on that pc. Jason Smith
PL
Paul L UK
Aug 14, 2003
I don’t think you can have different ‘default’ printers, otherwise they would not be default. It is the de-fault of the operating system, not the application.

Eric, when you print, you can select the printer on one of the steps, it shoud be just a mouse click (only if you use the file>print commend, not the printer icon)

Paul

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections