Rotating Images in Windows XP

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JF
Jodi Frye
Aug 14, 2003
Actually, with my Kodak software which gives me my own picture folders there is a funtion to rotate on right click ( windows XP ) but a warning comes up after you click on the option which tells you that your image will be degraded.
B
BobHill
Aug 14, 2003
When you rotate the whole image (canvas and all) you shouldn’t have any deteriation of the image, but if you rotate the image manually without rotating the canvas, you are rearranging every pixel. Remember that an image is nothing but pixels with each pixel being one of 16,777,216 colors. That doesn’t change, but when you rotate manually you are also doing a resample (usually) as the width and height are not the same, so you are going to lose and perhaps not get all pixels in same order as they once were. But, all things being proper, the color of a single pixel should stay exactly the same, the resolution should stay exactly the same, whether the image is rotated on the canvas or the whole canvas is rotated. Do they say what they mean by deteriation due to rotation?

Bob

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections