Unable to delete images edited with PS in same winXp Session.

N
Posted By
Nic
Dec 15, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Sometimes I’m unable to delete images wich I edited in Photoshop. Even if I close Photoshop. I have to restart windows.

When trying to delete the file I get following error mesage: Error Deleting File or Folder.
Cannot delete <image file name>: It is being used by another person or program.
Close any programs that might be using the file and try again.

There is no other person loged-in or program running. It must be a windows process.
Is this a general windows problem and can it be solved.

Thanks in advance,

Nic

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

WS
Warren Sarle
Dec 16, 2003
"Nic" wrote in message
Sometimes I’m unable to delete images wich I edited in Photoshop. Even if I close Photoshop. I have to restart windows.

What works for me:

Prevention – never have Photoshop and Windows Explorer open the same directory at the same time.

Cure – rename psicon.dll and reboot. You should then have no trouble deleting files, but Windows Exploder will not display thumbnails or special icons for them. In a standard Windows install, psicon.dll is in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Shell\psicon.dll
J
john
Dec 16, 2003
In article <o1sDb.125755$>, "Warren
Sarle" wrote:

"Nic" wrote in message

What works for me:

Prevention – never have Photoshop and Windows Explorer open the same directory at the same time.

Cure – rename psicon.dll and reboot.

Warren, all I have to do is log off and on again. No reboot. Different problem?
WS
Warren Sarle
Dec 16, 2003
"jjs" wrote in message
In article <o1sDb.125755$>, "Warren
Sarle" wrote:

"Nic" wrote in message

What works for me:

Cure – rename psicon.dll and reboot.

Warren, all I have to do is log off and on again. No reboot. Different
problem?

I haven’t experimented much with logging off and on. I tend to reboot out of habit whenever Windows starts acting up. The file-in-use problem comes in several different severities, but whether they are different problems or different symptoms, I don’t know. The psicon.dll has worked for me every one of a dozen or so times I’ve tried it, whereas multiple reboots sometimes do not work, so if I’m deleting or moving many psd files, I may leave psicon.dll turned off for days at a time.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections