M
Posted By
Matt44
Aug 20, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m having problems installing on XP (home) to. I’m trying to install on my brothers computer (I succesfully have my own copy on my machine) but everytime I click the icon to start I get the following message ‘The Handle Is Invalid’! I’ve rang Adobe and they suggested installing in safe mode but no luck, they also couldn’t tell me what the offending ‘handle’ was (anyone know???). I;ve disabled the anti virus but still the same. I even tried installing my disc, which works fine on my XP machine, but get the same error message. Any ideas?

Thanks

Matt

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

RC
Richard Coencas
Aug 22, 2003
Matt,

I’ve never seen that message either on install. I’m sure if you have spoken to Adobe Tech Support you have tried most of the usual methods, but some possible suggestions to try would be to copy the installer from the CD to the hard drive, or possibly look for a hardware conflict by uninstalling peripheral devices one at a time and trying the install. Other than that I don’t really have any inventive ideas.

Rich
B
BobHill
Aug 23, 2003
And I’d guess that if Rich’s idea doesn’t work, Matt, you might try either getting a new Elements CD from the Epson people, OR purchase the full version (after rebates it should be around $49) of Elements. Your CD just may have a corruption for some reason.

Bob
M
Matt44
Aug 25, 2003
Thanks guys,

As I said though I’ve tried with two ellements discs now and get the same problem..

Matt
NS
Nancy S
Aug 27, 2003
Matt,

Just grasping at straws here, have you tried accessing the installer by navigating to it with the browse option beginning with Start>Run, rather than probably having your Browser open to locate the CD drive?

Ever had any Walcom tablet drivers installed?
P
Phosphor
Aug 28, 2003
The Wacoms have been known to be problems when installing. I’d suggest taking it off, including any hidden files, then installing Elements and testing it. If it’s OK, reinstall the tablet software.

Don’t ask WHY this happens, because if I ever knew, I don’t remember any more. If you’re having a conflict and have the tablet, though, try this approach next.
M
Matt44
Sep 14, 2003
Thanks Beth,

Unistalled the wacom and elements installed perfectly. Thanks again for the tip.

Matt
P
Phosphor
Sep 14, 2003
Hooray!!! I got one! Thanks for reporting back, Matt. Maybe it’ll be helpful for someone else.
SH
Sandra_Honeyman
Oct 28, 2003
I’m getting the same problem, after installation when I click on the desktop icon I get "the handle is invalid". Really fed up with this, no-one seems to know how to resolve this. Come on Adobe!!! what is going on?
BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 28, 2003
Sandra, this was solved for Matt. It was a Wacom tablet causing the problem. Does that apply to you?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections