B
Posted By
Bernie
Jan 26, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Learning to use Layer Style Bevel and Emboss, I’ve created an inner bevel that remains transparent when I would like it to be opaque. Shading settings: Highlight Mode: Color Burn, Opacity: 100%, Shadow Mode: Normal, Opacity: 100%.

How can I get a bevel that is opaque?

–David

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

C
Corey
Jan 26, 2005
What is the opacity and fill settings for that layer in your layers palette? It’s not on a feathered part of the image is it?

Peadge 🙂

<David Ellis> wrote in message
Learning to use Layer Style Bevel and Emboss, I’ve created an inner bevel that remains transparent when I would like it to be opaque. Shading settings: Highlight Mode: Color Burn, Opacity: 100%, Shadow Mode: Normal, Opacity: 100%.

–David
B
Bernie
Jan 26, 2005
Opacity and fill for the bevel layer are 100% and there is no feathering anywhere in the image.
–David

What is the opacity and fill settings for that layer in your layers palette? It’s not on a feathered part of the image is it?

Peadge 🙂

–David
C
Corey
Jan 26, 2005
What blend mode are you using? You don’t have the "blend if:" sliders in use (under blending options in the Layer Style panel), especially for the underlying layer, do you?

Peadge 🙂

Opacity and fill for the bevel layer are 100% and there is no feathering anywhere in the image.
–David

What is the opacity and fill settings for that layer in your layers
palette?
It’s not on a feathered part of the image is it?

Peadge 🙂

–David
B
Bernie
Jan 27, 2005
In Layer Style box…

Blend Mode: Normal
Opacity: 100%.

Advanced Blending
Fill Opacity: 100%
Channels: all checked
Knockout: None
Checkmarks for Blend Clipped Layers as Group
and Transparency Shapes Layer.
All others not checked.

Blend If: Gray

–David

What blend mode are you using? You don’t have the "blend if:" sliders in use (under blending options in the Layer Style panel), especially for the underlying layer, do you?

Peadge 🙂

–David

palette?

Peadge 🙂

–David
B
Bernie
Jan 27, 2005
I neglected to state sliders are in default positions. Never have learned ’em or moved ’em. –D

In Layer Style box…

Blend Mode: Normal
Opacity: 100%.

Advanced Blending
Fill Opacity: 100%
Channels: all checked
Knockout: None
Checkmarks for Blend Clipped Layers as Group
and Transparency Shapes Layer.
All others not checked.

Blend If: Gray

–David

Peadge 🙂

–David

palette?

Peadge 🙂

–David

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections