P
Posted By
Phosphor
Aug 25, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Rich or anyone–does anybody know if the new Adobe plug-in for optimizing photoshop for the new G5 computers is also for Elements?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JF
Jodi Frye
Aug 25, 2003
hm Barb, ya thinking ’bout the G5 now ? My 2 year old boy loves that commercial.

oops, sorry, i’m sure you were hoping i was Rich. Now ya see, with the way the forum was when they first changed it you could have seen that it was just a dumb post from me before ya even clicked on it 😉
P
Phosphor
Aug 25, 2003
a dumb post from me

But Jodi, there’s no such thing as a dumb post from you. [ ;^)

No, I’m not interested in the G5 (at least not till it’s in a laptop or an imac), but people keep asking me about using Elements with it.
CS
Chuck Snyder
Aug 26, 2003
Jodi, are you talking about that commercial with all the gratuitous violence?? Certainly scared me away from Apple…

🙂

Chuck
P
Phosphor
Aug 26, 2003
Aw, c’mon, Chuck. Bet your electric bill would go down if you had more cross-ventilation. [;-)
JF
Jodi Frye
Aug 26, 2003
lmao

I guess so…where the kid blasts through the walls of the house…" the G5…the most powerful personal computer ever’ ….something like that. Anyways, i guess my son is all boy. Ya got to remember that he still doesn’t know TV is fake stuff…ok most of it anyways.

MY favorite new show ‘ RENO 911 ‘…now that’s a good deviation from reality with a twist of reality…a good one. It’s on Comedy Central on Monday nights at 10:30.
CS
Chuck Snyder
Aug 26, 2003
‘Cross-ventilation’, huh? Hmmm – let’s see; chemical plants to my east, urban heat island to my north and west; steamy Gulf of Mexico to the south. Barbara, I think my options are limited…

🙂

Chuck
CS
Chuck Snyder
Aug 26, 2003
The ‘grey’ part, huh…well, right now, that’s what’s overtaking the remaining hair on my scalp…

🙁

Chuck
EM
Elena Murphy
Aug 26, 2003
Barbara, it’s not clear to me if you got a reply to your question…no, the new G5 plugin is not supported with Elements 2.
P
Phosphor
Aug 26, 2003
Thanks, Elena. Do you mind if I ask how you know? Did you try it, or is that somewhere in adobe’s information about it?

I’m not just being nosy, but I’m asking because Adobe said that most of the Photoshop OS X plugins for scanners weren’t supported when they first came out, until people tried them and found that they worked just fine.
CS
Chuck Snyder
Aug 26, 2003
Barbara, Elena is a member of the team at our gracious host, Adobe!

🙂

Chuck
EM
Elena Murphy
Aug 26, 2003
Hmm, tried posting earlier and lost it.

Anywho…. Barbara, that’s why I said "not supported" instead of "doesn’t work". Seriously though, the plugin installer looks for Photoshop 7.0.1 and the G5 OS so you won’t be able to install it if you don’t have both. You could get someone who DOES have both to install it and give you the components but when I tried that Elements wouldn’t launch on the G5 so it became a moot point.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections