CC
Posted By
Charles Cler
Aug 27, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there an automatic way to add the word "Proof" to a set of 70 photos before I print off the 4×6’s for a client?

Also, do Digital Photographers doing Portraiture typically put a Copyright or "Proof" on the proofs they give to their clients? Thanks, Eileen

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

LK
Leen Koper
Aug 27, 2003
I’m a digital portrait photographer and I seldom hand out proofs to my clients. generally people have problems to understand from a 4×6 how it would look at 20×30 on their walls. That’s the reason why I will buy myself a digital projector soon. If they see their images at 40×60 any 20×30 will look small….

But if I do hand out proofs, I usually print my website URL across the image. This way I can promote my website to everyone they show the images.

If you hand out proofs, never give them such a big choice as 70 prints, because they most likely won’t be able to make up their minds. Limit the number to only a few of the best. This will improve your sales, reduce your costs and you don’t have to show them the ones you will never sell.

Leen
B
BillS
Aug 28, 2003
I work in a photo imaging place. People are always bringing in the proofs for us to copy. They think they are saving money. On the back of most pro prints are words DO NOT COPY. This is on the paper not rubber stamped. Obviously such paper is available. We refuse to make copies whenever we see the DO NOT COPY or if the prints are obviously taken by a pro. It violates copyright law.

Some pros who use digital cameras are now giving clients a CD of all images instead of proofs. The CDs are usually marked COPYRIGHTED IMAGES – DO NOT PRINT. The images are email quality. We don’t print those either.

Elements does not have a feature where you can add words to images en masse. I believe that the full version of Photoshop can do this.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections