JS
Posted By
Jim Snodgrass
Aug 27, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I would like to try the file browser but (although all else works fine) I click Browse fron the File pull-down or Shft+CRTRL+O, and nothing happens.. any thoughts on why ? do I need to disable one of my other browsers (IE6, Opera or AcDSEE?) should I try to re-install fm the CD-ROM? Browse may have been an option I opted-out on upon initial install since I use AcDSEE a lot and like it .. however it’s not integrayed and I would like to switch over to Elements Browser and try it..Regards,
JimS

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

EA
Earl Alexander
Aug 27, 2003
Jim, sounds like we may have the same problem. I have a query titled..Browser Chatter.. a little further down. No reply yet. A "chatter" noise from the tower when I try and open file browser. Maybe we can get some help with it.
JH
Jim Hess
Aug 27, 2003
I thought the file browser had stopped working for me the other day. It appeared that it would not open. But I discovered that it WAS open, but it was off the screen at the bottom. I think the way I found it was that I opened a file the normal way using the File menu, then I positioned the picture near the bottom of the screen so that I had a scroll bar appear. When I scrolled down, I found the file browser. I don’t know if that will solve your problem, but that’s how I found the browser again.
EA
Earl Alexander
Aug 27, 2003
Jim, tried your suggestion, but it didnt work. I cant understand why I get the noise coming from tower. Kinda sounds like the old round dial telephone when it was released and rewound. Only louder. Browser wont open, but continues to make noise until I exit. sometime then if I open PE2 again right away, about and inch of browser will show at bottom, but starts to chatter again.
RC
Richard Coencas
Aug 27, 2003
Earl,

It sounds like it is looking for something in your floppy drive. Try first deleting prefs. Then open the file browser and navigate to a pictures folder other than your desktop. Close the app and reopen (to write a new set of prefs). See if that quiets down the chatter.

Rich
EA
Earl Alexander
Aug 27, 2003
Thanks Rich, I used your suggestion and browser now open’s just fine. Guess I should have mentioned earlier that noise was coming from floppy drive.
RC
Richard Coencas
Aug 27, 2003
Glad to help.
EA
Earl Alexander
Aug 30, 2003
Help Rich, I used your suggestion a couple days ago to stop the floppy drive chatter when I attempt to open my browser. It worked good for a while, but then came back. Each time if I reset preferences, it will stop for a while,but not for long. Is there another solution? When it starts, it will not stop until I X out of browser.
DR
David Rand
Sep 11, 2003
Why does the File Browser keep slipping down on the screen and eventually off? I maximize it but it doesn’t stay put.
BG
Byron Gale
Sep 12, 2003
You mean it’s not just me?!?
RC
Richard Coencas
Sep 12, 2003
Earl,

Not sure why this is happening to you. The last location that the file browser was in and the last drive location is written to prefs. If you navigate to a folder on your hard drive that has pictures, like the My Pictures folder for example, and then quit Elements, it should open to that spot the next time. Are you browsing floppies and then removing the disk?

Rich
EA
Earl Alexander
Sep 12, 2003
Thanks Rich, No I don’t browse floppy’s. I did what you suggested in your last post, Opened Elements, went to HD, opened pictures, then I quit elements. I re opened it and clicked on the browse link, all I go was the floppy noise trying to open again. I had to X out of Elements to stop the noise. Guess maybe it’s just something I have to live with.
BC
Bill Cummins
Sep 12, 2003
I have had the same problem of losing my browser off the screen. I have always thought the best of Adobe’s products,but they sure are’nt impressing me with this UNRESOLVED issue.PE2 came out of the box with this program error and ADOBE is’nt doing anthing that i can see to resolve it.Come on Adobe,live up to your former reputation.
P
Phosphor
Sep 12, 2003
What platform and operating system are you using? I’ve never had this problem, and it’s rarely seen on the forum. Have you actually contacted Adobe about it?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections