ImageReady Rollover Trouble (one image overlaps the other in browser)

WF
Posted By
William_Furner
May 8, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been at this for hours, I would really be thankful if someone could help me on this:)

In ImageReady CS, I have made a Navigation Bar, it is a filmstrip that kind of bends. in each frame I am trying to put a rollover image of the same type image but only a different color. So each frame you would click would be a different color.

My problem is that when I view the filmstrip navagation bar in the browser after working in ImageReady i get an overlap of the second image rollover into the first (only made two so far). Because the slice is rectangular, I can’t manipulate it to not interfere with the one next to it. If I knew how to use a polygonal lasso tool to make a slice, that would seem to make life much easier. I have tried a lot of things, anything from "arrange to front", shutting off things in layers, just a lot of coming up short.

Please, if of you pros can help me on this i would be very, very thankful!

Bill

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

M
MarkATS
May 8, 2004
it would be helpful if you could post the .psd file for others to dissect
WF
William_Furner
May 8, 2004
To: MarkATS

Thanks for getting back to me.
Important note about the menu. The second button if you look carefully, has got a light blue coloring on the original image. But if you look down and to the left in the image
you will see a section missing. You might have to look close, but it is there. It seems to me the way the slices are made in ImageReady that you are limited in how you can make slices. Because they seem to be rectangular in nature. Is there some way a pologonal lasso tool can work or something that I can mark the outer perimeter of each button area as a slice. Doing it with the square slice tool is very frustrating.

Thanks again

Here is the link.

<http://www.cherishedvideo.com/menu.html>
GB
g_ballard
May 8, 2004
Is there some way a pologonal lasso tool can work

I don’t think so, but the "square" slice tool should make short work of this project.

Just be sure to show ONLY the wanted layers in your rollover (and normal) states…sometimes it helps (me) to delete all the r/o states and slices and start over on a duplicate….
GB
g_ballard
May 8, 2004
er, maybe not so easy, a second look and perhaps not, the diagonal across a slice would mean extra work, but it can be done?

You would likely need to make additional copy layer pieces in the ROs to mask out the area that’s spilling over so those areas don’t change…
WF
William_Furner
May 9, 2004
To: g ballard

Sorry, I don’t understand "copy layer" pieces in the rollover.

Is that in the web content using new rollover state? Or in the layers pallet ?

I was thinking of doing this in Dreamweaver but I starting thinking of all the images I would have to cut up in Photoshop.

Thanks

Bill
M
MarkATS
May 9, 2004
can you post the psd file?
WF
William_Furner
May 9, 2004
Here is the link to my file. The second frame has some blue overlay missing. You can see it down to the left. I looked and couldn’t find some postings so I will try it again. I don’t know any other way to this but post my link. If I am not supposed to do this could somebody email me.

<http://www.cherishedvideo.com/menu.html>

Thanks Bill

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections