CG
Posted By
Chris Godfrey
Aug 27, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After loading Elements onto my PC, I try to open it and recieve the following message:’Could not complete your request because of missing or invalid personalization information’
Any ideas?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
BobHill
Aug 28, 2003
Chris,

Where did you get your PhotoShop Elements CD? Are you trying to use PhotoShop Elements 1.0 or 2.0? Is it full version or a "lite" version that came bundled with a device of some kind? Did you use the proper serial number when you installed it? Did you previously have a trial version of Elements installed?

To fix you may need to use regedit (if you don’t know how to use this, if can be dangerous to your system if you do it improperly). Check out: <http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/30456.htm>

Bob
RC
Richard Coencas
Aug 28, 2003
Byron,

There is in fact no "lite" version of Elements out there. The ones that come with Scanners etc are missing stock art and goodies, but are fully functional. The trial versions are time limited, but also fully functional (for the 30 day trial period).

Rich
BG
Byron Gale
Aug 28, 2003
Thank you, Rich.

As a follow-up, may I ask whether the HELP.PSD file which is referenced by the layers tutorial is present on those versions without the extras? That was what kicked off the other thread – the inability of the person to locate the image.

Byron
BG
Byron Gale
Aug 28, 2003
As a follow-up, may I ask whether the HELP.PSD file which is referenced by

Not HELP… I should have typed "START.PSD"…
RC
Richard Coencas
Aug 28, 2003
The sample and tutorial files should be present, but I am not 100% certain that that is true in all cases.

The path is c:\program files\adobe\photoshop elements 2\tutorials\start.psd
P
Phosphor
Aug 28, 2003
FWIW, I had a bundled version of PE1, and the only thing missing was the printed manual.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections