R
Posted By
rsdavis
Aug 28, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I want to calibrate my monitor, but for some reason the Adobe Gamma icon is missing from my Control Panel file. How can I get this program?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
bluegaga
Aug 28, 2003
Robert and Byron…Thank you Robert for asking the Gamma question and Byron you deserve big thanks for the solution! I could never find how to reach Adobe Gamma before…not showing in Control Panel. I am using W98SE. Dorothy
IN
Ita nais
Aug 29, 2003
I purchased PSE 2 today and went to calibrate my monitor, found the file (exe) but clicking on it does not open it up. Any ideas?
thanks, Ita
NS
Nancy S
Aug 29, 2003
Ita,

Are you sure you have the calibration utility and not the gamma loader?
IN
Ita nais
Aug 29, 2003
Hi Nancy

I have:Adobe Gamma Loader
Adobe Gamma Read me and Adobe Gamma (properties showing Control Panel extension) – dont tell me Ive been clicking te wrong one, lol

regards
Ita
IN
Ita nais
Aug 29, 2003
Hi Nancy

The above sounds so cryptic.

In the calibration folder in Adobe, on hard disk, I have the above 3 items – got a feeling none are what you are talking abt – (can’t see anything regarding ".cpl". Sorry for being so thick!

Regards
Ita
CS
Chuck Snyder
Aug 29, 2003
Ita: I think .cpl translates into Control Panel extension; try clicking on that one!
IN
Ita nais
Aug 29, 2003
hI nANCY

Tried several times but nothing happening. Been browsing diff web pages and all say the same thing, but I’m not getting any screen etc show up. Stumped!

Regards
Ita
IN
Ita nais
Aug 29, 2003
Nancy thanks v much for your input. In desperation I re-installed the prog twice and hey presto the gremlins have gone. Now to calibrate printer, lol

regards
Ita
BB
brent bertram
Aug 29, 2003
Right click on the CPL file , and choose the option to run with Control Panel. All will be well.

🙂

Brent
R
rsdavis
Aug 29, 2003
Thanks for all your help, I was able to find it.

Robert Davis

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections