GP
Posted By
Gordon Powell
Mar 8, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Situation: I have a large image file (say, 16 AX 20 inches) and I want to reduce the size to say, 4 AX 6.

Problem: When I reduce the image and Save for Web the result does not retain the same sharp quality as the original. For example, one image appears to have developed a moir

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

G
goodidea1950SPAM-SPAM
Mar 8, 2005
"Gordon Powell" wrote in message
: Situation: I have a large image file (say, 16 AX 20 inches) and I want to : reduce the size to say, 4 AX 6.
:
: Problem: When I reduce the image and Save for Web the result does not : retain the same sharp quality as the original. For example, one image : appears to have developed a moir
GP
Gordon Powell
Mar 9, 2005
Sorry…I meant 4" x 6."

"cat herder" wrote in message
: Situation: I have a large image file (say, 16 AX 20 inches) and I want to
: reduce the size to say, 4 AX 6.
:
: Problem: When I reduce the image and Save for Web the result does not : retain the same sharp quality as the original. For example, one image : appears to have developed a moir
TR
Todd Radel
Mar 22, 2005
are you resizing it first and then saving because i have a hard time believing that going down in size you are losing quality or are you resizing it as you save for web?
Situation: I have a large image file (say, 16 AX 20 inches) and I want to reduce the size to say, 4 AX 6.

Problem: When I reduce the image and Save for Web the result does not retain the same sharp quality as the original. For example, one image appears to have developed a moir
B
benje302
Mar 23, 2005
Hi

I think all of you may have missed the point here.

When you "save for web" you can specify what grade you want – ie maximum,high, medium and low.

If you select maximum it tends to use a default quality of 80%.

All you need to do it move the slider up to the 100 % and your problem you be resolved.

Cheers

Benje302

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections