G
Posted By
gmk
Mar 25, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m trying to produce a logo that can be used for letterhead, bus. cards and postcards. I want to make a transparent layer so the print can be placed on any color stationary to ad layout. i’ve tried to do a transparent layer but it keeps printing out a white background with the logo on top. Thanks for helping.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

G
goodidea1950SPAM-SPAM
Mar 29, 2005
"gmk" wrote in message
: I’m trying to produce a logo that can be used for letterhead, bus. cards and
: postcards. I want to make a transparent layer so the print can be placed on
: any color stationary to ad layout. i’ve tried to do a transparent layer but
: it keeps printing out a white background with the logo on top. Thanks for : helping.

cute. I’d like to be able to print white too.
C
Charley
Mar 29, 2005
I agree, I’d like to be able to print white too, but I think that I understand what the poster is trying to do and it doesn’t require white ink.

Some formats like Jpeg won’t let you have a transparent background, and you are probably trying to save your logo in that format. You will need to pick a different format to save the logo in that allows a transparent background like Gif. There are others, but I haven’t done this lately, so don’t remember which ones they are. Maybe someone else will respond with that.

Charley

"cat herder" wrote in message
"gmk" wrote in message
: I’m trying to produce a logo that can be used for letterhead, bus. cards and
: postcards. I want to make a transparent layer so the print can be
placed
on
: any color stationary to ad layout. i’ve tried to do a transparent layer but
: it keeps printing out a white background with the logo on top. Thanks
for
: helping.

R
RSD99
Mar 30, 2005
IIRC … it’s been a while since I’ve used some of these formats …

PNG and GIF have the capability to save transparency, but M$’s IE does not display PNG transparency properly and GIF is 8-bit indexed color. IMHO: Except for web applications, PNG is a vastly superior format.

EPS (bitmapped) has a method of saving a clipping path, and (if the page layout software has the capability) can do a "transparent area" using this capability.

TIFF and TARGA can save Alpha channels, and … again if the page layout software has the capability … can do a "transparent area" using this capability.

"Charley" wrote in message
I agree, I’d like to be able to print white too, but I think that I understand what the poster is trying to do and it doesn’t require white
ink.
Some formats like Jpeg won’t let you have a transparent background, and
you
are probably trying to save your logo in that format. You will need to
pick
a different format to save the logo in that allows a transparent
background
like Gif. There are others, but I haven’t done this lately, so don’t remember which ones they are. Maybe someone else will respond with that.

Charley

"cat herder" wrote in message
"gmk" wrote in message
: I’m trying to produce a logo that can be used for letterhead, bus.
cards
and
: postcards. I want to make a transparent layer so the print can be
placed
on
: any color stationary to ad layout. i’ve tried to do a transparent
layer
but
: it keeps printing out a white background with the logo on top.
Thanks
for
: helping.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections