JB
Posted By
Jennifer_Beebe
Apr 20, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am running PS/CS on XP and about 1x per day my keyboard shortcuts will change and sudenly mean something new. Ctrl D suddenly means ‘feather’ instead of ‘deselect’ and Ctrl S means ‘save-as’ instead of save. I ususally close out and restart PS and it is fine for another few hours..any ideas?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

PH
Photo_Help
Apr 20, 2005
Jennifer,

Sounds like it may be time for a new keyboard. Are you sure your Alt key isn’t sticking?
HK
Harron_K._Appleman
Apr 21, 2005
Jennifer,

Do you have support for a second language installed in XP? If so, and if there is a corresponding IME (input method editor), LeftAlt+Shift is usually the default toggle. If you don’t need the second language, just disable it via Control Panel | Regional and Language Options | Languages | Details. You can also change the keystroke combo for the toggle.

=-= Harron =-=
SB
Scott_Byer
Apr 22, 2005
And note that with some IMEs, the shortcut will still function even when deleted!

-Scott

wrote:
Jennifer,

Do you have support for a second language installed in XP? If so, and if there is a corresponding IME (input method editor), LeftAlt+Shift is usually the default toggle. If you don’t need the second language, just disable it via Control Panel | Regional and Language Options | Languages | Details. You can also change the keystroke combo for the toggle.

=-= Harron =-=

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections