MC
Posted By
Mike_Czuboka
Apr 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am running Photoshop CS on OSX Panther. SInce upgrading 2 weeks ago I have noticed a couple of problems.

1. CS crashes when you try and do a spell check.
2. When typing text in CS, it is very slow and choppy, sometimes causing haracters to dissapear or be covered over by another character. You either have to sit there and wait for it to refresh or click out of the text tool and let it render so you can see what you just typed.

I am using Extensis Suite case to manage my fonts but it was doing this even before I started using this. Anyone else had these experience or know how to fix them.

Thanks

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

TH
thomas_howard
Apr 3, 2004
Photoshop 8 CS Crash: layer/layer style/ drop shadow /crash or Text/layer style/any effect/crash, freeze, hang up …G4 powermac, 1.5 gb ram, stripped hard drives, Mac OS 10.3.3

I am searching for a fix to this, please post any results or directions. Might it have anything to do with the copyright, anti-money copy check? -t
TH
thomas_howard
Apr 3, 2004
Photoshop: 1st trash preferences:

re-create the Photoshop preferences file:
1. Quit Photoshop.
2. Drag the Photoshop preferences file to the Trash:
— Photoshop CS: Drag the Adobe Photoshop CS Prefs.psp in the Users/[user profile]/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop CS Settings folder to the Trash.
3. Drag the com.adobe.Photoshop.plist file from the Users: [user name]; Library: Preferences folder to the trash. (The com.adobe.Photoshop.plist file is a Photoshop preferences file run at the system level. Like other Photoshop preferences file, it’s re-created when Photoshop opens.)
4. Restart Photoshop.
TH
thomas_howard
Apr 3, 2004

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections