Everything looks darker and saturated in PE.

P
Posted By
pcarpetersen
Sep 10, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m using 2.0 on Mac OS 10.2.6 and have tried resetting preferences and turning off color management. No luck. Another oddity is when I open the save for web window it preview the immages like everything else displays them. Good old PS LE 5.5 works fine though.
Hmmm
Paul

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

P
Phosphor
Sep 10, 2003
Have you tried creating a new profile for your monitor? If not, it’s in system prefs>displays>color. They do go bad once in a while. Frankly, I suspect that’s not it, but best to rule out the easy stuff first. Also, have you messed with any of the colorsync settings in system prefs?
S
smithsc
Sep 10, 2003
I wound-up turning-off color management in elements with OS X because my prints were always too dark. I was getting better prints from my non color managed programs, like Portraits & Prints from Econ Technologies and iPhoto.

Steve
P
pcarpetersen
Sep 10, 2003
I turned off color management and profile embedding and life seems to have returned to normal. Paul

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections