NR
Posted By
Norm_Raffish
May 22, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been told that I can get the "classic" Elements2 look (Palette location, double tool row, etc,) in Elements3. I would appreciate any help here.

Thanks, Norm

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BH
Beth_Haney
May 22, 2005
What platform and operating system do you use? That does make a difference.
NR
Norm_Raffish
May 22, 2005
Windows XP Pro – Service Pack 2
RR
Raymond Robillard
May 22, 2005
Norm,

If you’re on a Mac, here’s how :

Drag and drop the palettes from their current dock, then click and drag the slider (there’s a little handle in the middle of the dock) for the palettes completely to the right.

For the tools, click and drag the dots at the top of the tools and move them towards the right (about 1inch), and release the mouse button. The toolbox will look like it did in PSE2.

The final look should be something like that (cat sold seperately.. Hehe!)

http://www.pbase.com/carbone/image/43672763

Ray
CW
Colin Walls
May 22, 2005
Ray

I’m not having a go at you or being sarcastic. I am genuinely curious, as this seems to happen a lot around here:

Why, when the OP answered Beth’s question with " Windows XP Pro – Service Pack 2" did you go on to give Mac instructions? Was it simply for the benefit of other readers of the thread? Or is there a fault with the forum that hides other postings?
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 22, 2005
Colin,

Could be that Ray only has the Mac version but is posting the answer in the hope that the method is the same on both platforms.

You are a Windows user aren’t you? … maybe you could check it out for Norm 🙂

Wendy
CW
Colin Walls
May 22, 2005
Wendy

I’d be happy to check it out, but I have no idea what PSE 2 looks like. I also have little idea what Norm’s trying to achieve, as PSE 3 has different tools, options and GUI architecture. Making changes would just be confusing, as it wouldn’t correspond to any books, tutorials etc.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 22, 2005
Colin …

It really is up to Norm … if he is happy with it looking like PSE2 then I have no problem with that. I’m sure that after using the program for so long he isn’t going to be confused by it 🙂 🙂

Wendy
RR
Raymond Robillard
May 22, 2005
Collin:

Because I don’t have a Windows version, and I’m certainly not going to buy one just to help, I assumed the instructions are/were the same. PSE3 is said to the same on both platform (I mean, the photo editor). It certainly had nothing to do with praising the Mac version over the other.

I do use a newsreader, but I also re-read all messages (usually) before posting something, just to make sure I’m not duplicating an answer, or give one totally wrong. Therefore, I knew he was on Windows. That’s why I specified I’m on a Mac.

If someone happens to buy an equipment with an OEM version of PSE3 (hybrid, Mac and the Windows), I’m a taker 🙂

Ray
RR
Raymond Robillard
May 22, 2005
Forgot to add, Collin, here’s a version 2.0 screen shot :

http://upload.pbase.com/image/43690815

Ray
JJ
Jim_J
May 22, 2005
Hi Ray,

I think Colin just missed that possibility.

Anyways… I’m off to school… again… I really must stop studying until 3 in the morning and wondering why I can’t get up at 7 am. 😉

Cheers
RR
Raymond Robillard
May 22, 2005
No offence taken, btw 🙂

Ray
NR
Norm_Raffish
May 27, 2005
Thanks to all for your thoughts.
Norm

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections