DC
Posted By
David_C_Pentz
Apr 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a folder with 16 different pictures. I would like to print 4 different pictures on a page. When I try this in picture package, I get: 16 pages with a single picture on each page; or, if I replace a 3 of the pictures on page 1, I get 16 pages with the first picture changing and the 3 I changed staying constant. Is there a way to get 4 pages with 4 different pictures on each page in picture package. Or am I trying something the program cannot do?

Thanks David

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
Ram
Apr 7, 2004
Before I reply to your question, what version of Photoshop and OS?
DC
David_C_Pentz
Apr 7, 2004
Sorry. Photoshop CS with Mac 10.3.2
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Apr 7, 2004
When you click on a frame, do you have "File" showing in the pop-up while you select which image you will use in that particular frame?
If "Folder" is selected in the pop-up , you may get the behaviour that you are describing.
R
Ram
Apr 7, 2004
Thanks, David. That’s why I asked. This is something easily done in Photoshop 7.0.1, but I understand that Photoshop 8 (CS) has new and improved ways of handling this task in a different manner than 7.x. I haven’t switched to Photoshop 8 yet, so I’ll let the CS gurus answer your question.
DC
David_C_Pentz
Apr 8, 2004
Ann

When file is selected, I can create individual package sheets with 4 picts on a sheet. But each must be done seperately. Effective but time consuming. I was hoping there would be a way to batch produce the results.
JF
Jon_Finley530
Apr 14, 2004
I had the same problem. I created contact sheets instead. You can’t put different size photos on the same sheet, but it works fine if you simply want 4 (or more) different pictures on the same sheet.
R
Ram
Apr 14, 2004
You can’t put different size photos on the same sheet

Yes, you can. I do it often. All you need to do in PhSh 7.0.1 is create a new template (or edit an existing one) in any text editor or word processor and save it under a new name. It’s a lot easier than it sounds, and the Help file has all the information you need.

From some of the previous posts in this thread, it sounds like it’s even easier in PhSh 8 (CS).

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections