Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My upgraded CS2 reports the following missing dll files
cfitsio.dll
AXEPorser.dll
ExtendScriptIDE.dll
The app. seems to be working without these and i have made a report to Adobe. Anybody else had this problem

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

J
jayfo
Apr 26, 2005
I too am having this problem. I am reinstalling to try and fix it and then backing up these files to an external drive for future fixes. The program does seem to work without these files, but I am a little uneasy about it. Does anyone know what directory these files are supposed to rest in?

Thanks,

Jason
J
jayfo
Apr 26, 2005
I tried replacing the missing files with copies from my original CS installation, but to no avail. It appears I am going to do a full uninstall of the application. I plan on disabling my McAfee anti-virus cooperate software during this installation however. Hopefully this will fix whatever issues the program is having. A couple of my co-workers are running CS2 now with no problem so this appears that it may be an isolated problem for only a few individuals. Please let me know if anyone else finds out about this issue further.
J
jayfo
Apr 26, 2005
Okay, one last post…

I uninstalled CS2 and deleted all CS2 files from the root directory. I then disabled all spyware and virus protection. Next I copied the contents of the CS2 CD to my C: drive on the desktop and installed from there. After all of this hassle I was able to run photoshop in a normal operating environment with no apparent errors or bugs. I don’t know that this will work for everyone, but I hope it helps.

-Jayfo-

www.totalimage.com
PM
Pete_Marshall
Apr 26, 2005
I have solved the problem by copying the missing dll files from my CS installation to the new CS2 installation. I have also removed some plug ins that only work in PS 7.
See here for advice from Adobe
<http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/329841.html>
CC
Chris_Cox
Apr 27, 2005
Try rebooting the machine and see if those errors go away. (really – it may be that the search path isn’t being updated correctly)

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections