Posted By
chris9
Apr 8, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am ready to pull my hair out…..

I am trying to create an action, and/or droplet, that will put the results in a designated folder, or even keep it in the same folder as the originals…. but no matter what I choose:

destination: none, save and close, or designated folder… the results end up on my desktop.

I have tried various combinations, with the save and close IN the action or droplet

and with the save/close/destination in the Batch control panel or Droplet control panel…

but no matter what I chose, or no matter what the combination of choices… the results show up on the desktop.

what am I missing?????

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DR
Danny_Raphael
Apr 9, 2004
Try this: If you have Save and/or Close commands in your action, either delete them from the action -or- disable them before creating the droplet. They are not needed.

If you do that (in theory) what’s specified in the droplet Destination dialog will be honored when the droplet is invoked.

If this doesn’t work for you, what version of PS are you using? (The version you’re using could have an effect on a workaround, if one is needed.)
C
chris9
Apr 9, 2004
ok, great! that worked!! Thank you!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections