P
Posted By
popstar3388
Jan 23, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve created an action that resizes a jpg file. Then I’ve created a droplet to use the action. When I drag files onto the droplet, the droplet works, but it prompts me with the "jpeg options" before saving the file.

How do I get rid of this?

When I first created the action, I just resized the image, I didn’t include a File | Save click. When I ran the droplet, it gave me the "jpeg options" screen. I then rerecorded the action, and included a File | Save command and tried the droplet again. But the "jpeg options" screen is still showing up.

What am I doing wrong?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

J
john
Jan 23, 2004
In article ,
(popstar3388) wrote:

I’ve created an action that resizes a jpg file. Then I’ve created a droplet to use the action. When I drag files onto the droplet, the droplet works, but it prompts me with the "jpeg options" before saving the file.

Short answer – Use Imageready instead. It’s much friendlier that way. Just create the action, then drag the action right from the palate to a folder. Done. There’s your droplet.

Note that the jpeg will go to the same level (folder/directory) as the original, and there’s no chance of duplicating an existing file because Imageready will append a number to the filename if another already exists.
D
dannyraphael
Feb 18, 2004
(popstar3388) wrote in message news:…

When I first created the action, I just resized the image, I didn’t include a File | Save click. When I ran the droplet, it gave me the "jpeg options" screen. I then rerecorded the action, and included a File | Save command and tried the droplet again. But the "jpeg options" screen is still showing up.

What am I doing wrong?

Don’t feel bad…this is a not well known workaround. No need to do it in ImageReady.

Create the action as usual. Record a Save As… command, specify destination folder and file name + .jpg options. Don’t worry about the file name or folder.

In the Create New Droplet dialog:
* Turn ON "Override Action Save As Commands" option. As unintuitive as it sounds, the effect is to preserve/enforce the .jpg settings specified in the Save As… command, while ignoring the folder and file name specified in the recorded Save As… command.
* Also be sure to specify the Destination folder.

That’ll do it.

~DannyR~

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections