G
Posted By
Gary
Sep 19, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve had 4×6 pictures that I wish to crop and keep the same ratio to print them. Is there an easy way to crop with those ratios?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DT
David Thompson
Sep 20, 2003
Rather than crop, I prefer to use the Marquee tool (M). Set the style to fixed aspect ratio (6 wide x 4 high in this case), set view to show the grid, then select the area you want to capture for printing, using the grid to guide you. copy the selection, open a new file and paste. Now open the image > resize, check constrain proportion, uncheck resample and set either of the two print dimensions. The resolution will change to maintain the same number of pixels in the re-sized image. If it’s >180, you have sufficient info for a decent "drugstore quality" print. If it’s >250 you will need a magnifier to see flaws in the final print.
David "Routemeister" Thompson (Canon G1, PS v5, PSE v2)

"Gary" wrote in message
I’ve had 4×6 pictures that I wish to crop and keep the same ratio to print them. Is there an easy way to crop with those ratios?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections