simone_e
May 2, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I’m using Photoshop 7 with Updates and just got a problem:

When I take my PSD-File with already existing textllayers an try to edit them then the font changes a bit, its getting bolder then before.

It happens suddenly when I’m clicking into the textlayer. When I press "Escape" then it returns to normal. If I click anywhere so that the editing is finished then the font gets bolder. It is a TrueType Font named MdCn BT-italic (futurmci.ttf).

Does anybody know what this is? Different Settings etc. didn’t help – neither the "RepairTypeLayer"-Droplet from Adobe – I know it’s for another problem but I tried … nothing happened … Reinstalling the font changed nothing, too.

I hope anyone has an idea what this could be.

Greetings,
simone

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Y
YrbkMgr
May 2, 2005
Does it happen with any other fonts?
SE
simone_e
May 2, 2005
No, right now just with this one font I mentioned. But I cannot change it because it is our CI-Font. I tried also to download it from another source but PS said it was the false font then …

Greetings,
simone
B
BobLevine
May 2, 2005
In the character palette, open the flyout menu and check to see if faux bold is enabled.

Bob
SE
simone_e
May 2, 2005
Hi again,

no, faux bold is not enabled, if i check it the font got even more bold …

Greetings,
simone
C
Corey
May 2, 2005
Open your Character palette (Window > Character) and see if "Faux Bold" is checked (bottom left icon.)

Peadge 🙂

wrote in message
Hi,

I’m using Photoshop 7 with Updates and just got a problem:
When I take my PSD-File with already existing textllayers an try to edit
them then the font changes a bit, its getting bolder then before.
It happens suddenly when I’m clicking into the textlayer. When I press
"Escape" then it returns to normal. If I click anywhere so that the editing is finished then the font gets bolder. It is a TrueType Font named MdCn BT-italic (futurmci.ttf).
Does anybody know what this is? Different Settings etc. didn’t help –
neither the "RepairTypeLayer"-Droplet from Adobe – I know it’s for another problem but I tried … nothing happened … Reinstalling the font changed nothing, too.
I hope anyone has an idea what this could be.

Greetings,
simone

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections