Create shortcut key for accept/cancel text edits possible?

AH
Posted By
Alastair Halliday
Sep 11, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Greetings,

I work using shortcut keys and actions/scripts heavily in CS3 for work flow. The biggest issue I have is going into the text tool, typing something out, and then not having a quick key to either accept or cancel those changes (equivalent to hitting the circled X or the check mark in the overhead panel when a text field is built).

I have checked the keyboard shortcut editing area but can’t find any way of accessing that function. I have also attempted to build and action for it, but it won’t let me, even if I start with an open text box. If anyone knows of a way to accept or reject text changes with a keyboard shortcut I would be most indebted.

-i

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

P
PeterK.
Sep 11, 2008
You can hit the Escape key to cancel and Command-Enter or Command-Return to commit an edit.
AH
Alastair Halliday
Sep 11, 2008
Tickle me pink. Thanks. I’ll try to swap that around for some other shortcuts.
TB
The Bobert
Sep 20, 2008
In article ,
iPhotoStuff wrote:

Greetings,

I work using shortcut keys and actions/scripts heavily in CS3 for work flow. The biggest issue I have is going into the text tool, typing something out, and then not having a quick key to either accept or cancel those changes (equivalent to hitting the circled X or the check mark in the overhead panel when a text field is built).

I have checked the keyboard shortcut editing area but can’t find any way of accessing that function. I have also attempted to build and action for it, but it won’t let me, even if I start with an open text box. If anyone knows of a way to accept or reject text changes with a keyboard shortcut I would be most indebted.

-i

Save text– Cmd+S
reject text–Cmd+. (period)

When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro

Bob in Central California

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections